Concussion can be difficult to recognise
The Concussion Recognition Tool is:
- Designed for non-medical persons
- To be used for identification of suspected concussion
- A stepwise approach to recognise concussion
- Not designed to diagnose concussion (only a medic can diagnose concussion)
Symptoms after concussion are not always visible.
Some symptoms evolve over minutes and hours – other symptoms may evolve over days to weeks.
The role of coaches, officials and the wider sporting community is to:
- Recognise the signs and symptoms
- Remove athletes from play who display those signs and symptoms
If in doubt sit them out.